Doing business safely at Alert level 2
Current COVID-19 Alert
From 12:00 am Monday the 31st of August the Auckland Region is moving to alert level 2 while the rest of New Zealand remains at alert level 2. Please be assured that the safety of our customers, suppliers and employees remains our highest priority during this time.
Throughout Alert Level 2 we will be operating revised procedures specific to approved Government COVID-19 protocols to ensure we are operating our workplace safely – including mandatory use of face masks for all customer-facing employees.
Please ensure you follow any instruction given by our teams, particularly around social distancing and appropriate PPE.
We acknowledge that these processes may create some temporary inconveniences, however, the ongoing health and wellbeing of all persons associated with Sims Pacific Metals remain our primary focus.
Thank you for your understanding.
The Sims Pacific Metals team.
Government-recommended GOLDEN RULES FOR BUSINESSES AT ALERT LEVEL 2
- Reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at work.
- All businesses can operate if they can do so safely. Alternative ways of working are encouraged where possible.
- Talk with your staff to identify risks and ways to manage them.
- Ask everyone, workers, contractors and customers, with cold or flu-like symptoms to stay away from your premises.
- Keep groups of customers at least 1 metre apart, or 2 metres for retail businesses.
- Businesses need to display a QR code and have an alternative contact tracing system.
- Face coverings are strongly encouraged if you are in close contact with others.
- Reduce the number of shared surfaces, and regularly disinfect them.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.