Doing business safely at Alert level 2
Current COVID-19 Alert
The safety of our customers and employees remains a high priority and in accordance with government protocol, we will be adhering to all level 2 conditions. This includes social distancing of 2 meters while at any of our branches, and given the risks of sharing personal protective equipment, it will be appreciated if customers ensure they are wearing closed footwear (no jandals or exposed toes) and bring their own gloves if available.
We acknowledge that our processes may create some temporary inconveniences, however, the ongoing health and well-being of all persons associated with Sims Pacific Metals remains our primary focus.
If you have any questions about how this affects you, please contact your local branch manager. You can find their details here.
Thank you for your understanding.
Government-recommended GOLDEN RULES FOR BUSINESSES AT ALERT LEVEL 2
According to the New Zealand government, businesses can operate at Alert level 2 if they’re able to do so safely.
Sims Pacific Metals is doing everything we can to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at work, hence we are adhering to all of the following conditions:
- COVID-19 is still out there. Play it safe.
- All businesses can operate if they can do so safely. Alternative ways of working are still encouraged where possible.
- Talk with your workers to identify risks and ways to manage them.
- Ask everyone, workers, contractors and customers, with cold or flu-like symptoms to stay away from your premises.
- Keep groups of customers at least 1 metre apart, or 2 metres for retail businesses.
- Keep contact-tracing records of anyone who will have close interaction (workers, contractors or customers). Retail businesses are not required to keep contact tracing records.
- Reduce the number of shared surfaces, and regularly disinfect them.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.