Doing business safely at Alert level 2
Current COVID-19 Alert
We are open to the public. This means you are able to bring your scrap metal in for recycling and payment.
The safety of our customers and employees remains a high priority and in accordance with government protocol, we will be adhering to all level 1 conditions. This includes maintaining good hygiene at all our branches. Given the risks of sharing personal protective equipment, it will be appreciated if customers could please ensure they are wearing closed footwear (no jandals or exposed toes) and bring their own gloves & PPE.
If you have any questions about how this affects you, please contact your local branch manager. You can find their details here.
Thank you for your understanding.
Government-recommended GOLDEN RULES FOR BUSINESSES AT ALERT LEVEL 1
According to the New Zealand government, businesses are able to operate at Alert Level 1 with no restrictions in place, but it is important to maintain hygiene practices.
Sims Pacific Metals is doing everything we can to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at work, hence we are adhering to all of the following conditions:
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get tested.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
- If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
- If you’re concerned about your wellbeing or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help contact tracing if needed. Use the NZ COVID Tracer app as a handy way of doing this.
- Businesses should help people keep track of their movements by displaying the Ministry of Health QR Code for contact tracing.
- Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. People and businesses should be prepared to act fast to step up Alert Levels if we have to.
- People will have had different experiences over the last couple of months. Whatever you’re feeling — it’s okay. Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself.